Kenny Richards richark at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 12:44:54 PST 2019


To help translate John's response, you really shouldn't need to for any
devices connected via your HamWAN connection. Setting up and managing the
your own block is a lot of overhead that you probably don't need or want


On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 12:33 PM John D. Hays <john at hays.org> wrote:

> If you are using HamWAN, they have a /16 and can allocate subnets from it.
> If you are not using HamWAN, eg. you have BGP/Direct connection or are
> using AMPRnet tunnelling, then requests go to http://portal.ampr.org
> I manage western Washington blocks that are not part of the HamWAN /16.
> On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 12:28 PM Ric Merry <ricmerry at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'd hate to let a day go by that I didn't ask something of the collective.
>> Should I be requesting a block from AMPR net?
> --
> John D. Hays
> Kingston, WA
> K7VE
> _______________________________________________
> PSDR mailing list
> PSDR at hamwan.org
> http://mail.hamwan.net/mailman/listinfo/psdr
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mail.hamwan.net/pipermail/psdr/attachments/20191106/5983f7d7/attachment.html>

More information about the PSDR mailing list