[HamWAN PSDR] Report from Mike and Key Electronics Show and Fleamarket
danra995 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 6 10:01:09 PST 2016
We had lots of interest for the HamWAN project at the Mike and Key Electronics Show and Fleamarket. I had a grid dish on my table at the Puyallup hamfest this year.
I answered lots of questions and I distributed 40 fliers to interested hams. Here are some of the comments:
- "How do you stay in line for Part 97?"
- Upon seeing the MikroTik QRT-5: "Wow, I didn't know it could be so easy, look so nice!"
- "What kind of Ubiquiti equipment do I use?" (the MikroTik brand is not well known with hams in our region)
- "Okay, line of sight, I am going to take a look this afternoon!"
- "How much does it cost? Where can I buy the equipment?" (Flytec sells the QRT-5 cheap on Amazon)
- "How do you guys fund this project?"
Many were very excited to see and touch the three configurations that I showed:
- Integrated, flat-panel MIMO antenna/radio/modem
- MIMO radio/modem with a dedicated panel antenna
- Grid dish with single-channel radio/modem
A handful asked for path plots. Tom, you should see some requests coming from people who join the mailing list in the next few days. Some were curious about a north sector at Tiger Mountain.
Thanks for your help on the tri-fold brochures, Nigel. These were a BIG hit at the hamfest.
73 from Dan at K7MM
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the PSDR