[HamWAN PSDR] Baldi deploy final push
me at bartk.us
Fri Aug 9 15:15:19 PDT 2013
CORRECTED (optimized) list. Reduces cable re-routing to just 1 run.
- S1 rotated at the crossover plate to face north.
- Remove Tacoma dish and set it on L2 floor.
- S3 antenna attached to Tacoma arm + radio, and set to face 240. Update
- S2 rotated to face 120
- Install railing-mast on L2 for new Tacoma dish location.
- Remove former S3 radio and detach CAT5, keeping the grommet + RJ45
- Route cables for former-S3 now-Tacoma radio on L2 and install dish.
Share hangers with existing eastward L2 dish.
- Former S3 arm removed (optional)
- Finish the trunk cable hangers.
- Finish ice bridge cable hangers.
- Terminate remaining 2 CAT5 runs inside building.
- Attach left ear onto PDU
- Configure PDU (set network, label ports, make users, flash latest
- Install remaining 2 PoE injectors
- Configure Baldi-r1 with SSTP tunnel to outside world.
- Disable most air interfaces and configure frequency settings on modems
as they're powered on.
- Align Tacoma and Capitol Hill dishes.
- Clean up + vacate
On 08/09/2013 03:02 PM, Bart Kus wrote:
> To help everyone involved get a crisp picture of the finish line,
> here's the remaining work list for Baldi. Study it, know it, improve it.
> 1) S1 rotated at the crossover plate to face north.
> 2) Remove Tacoma dish + radio. Pop out rubber grommet and keep cable
> intact while re-routing to 2nd level.
> 3) S3 re-routed to Tacoma arm and set to face 240. Pop out rubber
> grommet and keep cable intact while re-routing.
> 4) Former S3 arm removed (optional)
> 5) S2 rotated to face 120
> 6) Install railing-mast on L2 for new Tacoma dish.
> 7) Route cables for Tacoma radio on L2 and install dish. Share
> hangers with existing L2 dish.
> 8) Finish the trunk cable hangers.
> 9) Finish ice bridge cable hangers.
> 10) Terminate remaining 2 CAT5 runs inside building.
> 11) Attach left ear onto PDU
> 12) Configure PDU (set network, label ports, make users, flash latest
> 11) Install remaining 2 PoE injectors
> 12) Configure Baldi-r1 with SSTP tunnel to outside world.
> 13) Disable most air interfaces and configure frequency settings on
> modems as they're powered on.
> 14) Align Tacoma and Capitol Hill dishes.
> 15) Clean up + vacate
> On 08/09/2013 12:47 PM, Bart Kus wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> Anyone interested in helping with Baldi's final push for completion?
>> We'll need to move a couple antennas around, re-route some cables and
>> configure the preliminary routing/software side of things. If this
>> sounds like fun, please email me. We'll be meeting @ the Enumclaw
>> McDonalds @ 9:45AM tomorrow.
>> Hardhat, gloves, water + food encouraged. Also, a big expensive
>> CAMERA with a few lenses. We haven't done much photography up
>> there. It'd be good to get a high-res panorama, weather permitting.
>> PSDR mailing list
>> PSDR at hamwan.org
> PSDR mailing list
> PSDR at hamwan.org
More information about the PSDR